Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Kindle Swindle and March Madness

Roy Blount raises a serious question about the Kindle.

And here's a second review of Kindle, which makes it sound as if some of the tweaks they've done have been very successful. It now holds 1500 books!!!







On a totally unrelated matter, as we approach March Madness (my favorite sports time of the year, other than the two weeks of Wimbledon), my Kentucky Wildcats are doing only so-so this year. They might not even make the NCAA. They better beat Florida on March 7th if they have a decent chance.

But despite a relatively off several years, the Kentucky Wildcats that I grew up worshipping are generally regarded as the best basketball program of all time. That's some solace. But what have they done for us lately?

I still like their scrappy play. Bring back the full-court pressure and the run and gun game of Rick Pitino, that would be Coach Hall's suggestion.

I used to listen to this guy's heroics on the radio.




And then there was this guy, who still is on my sports page a lot of mornings. What a head of hair. Reminds me of Paul Levine.



There are those who argue that the old Pat Riley and the new one should merge. Boy, that would be cool for a Kentucky Wildcat fan.

No comments: